Sunday, August 13, 2006

Salsa... when it all began...

Let this be noted as the day I officially started my salsa lessons. Previously, it was just learning moves from a friend (and he is good!). But today, I finally signed up for my first salsa lesson at Havana Estudio (TTDI). And it was mighty fun, even though today's lesson was more of a refresher for me, since I know the moves already [ie, the Cucaracha (means cockroach!), the Mambo (which is the basic step) and the Right-Turn]. I even stayed back awhile after class to practice with a friend I met there. I'm really looking forward to the lessons later, where they will start teaching moves and routines. I also saw the Intermediate class in action, and boy, one day I will be just as good as them. That's my promise to myself. :)

I've signed up for Beginners 1, which comprises 8 lessons. After I complete that, there'll be Beginners 2, Improvers and finally the Intermediate. Can't wait, can't wait! :P

So if and when I'm a salsa expert, I can look back to 13 August 2006 and say... that was the day where it all began. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home