Saturday, March 08, 2008

Mosaic Music Festival Singapore @ The Esplanade

The Esplanade is currently hosting the Mosaic Music Festival where for 2 whole weeks there'll be lots of foreign acts who are in Singapore to show off their music. The music on display ranges from Indie, Rap, Hip-hop, Jazz, Funk and many many many others.

I wasn't actually aware that is was on! Fortunately for me, I stumbled across it as I went to the Esplanade Library to study, and at the Singapore Arts Cafe (inside the Esplanade Library), they were having some showcases. I heard them singing and walked into the Cafe to take a look. And that's where I heard Andrea Hamilton sing.

She's from California, USA and she's only 23. Her songs are self-composed and lyrical. More of an Indie feel to it. It's lyrics are about everyday experiences (mostly her own, I think), emotional and mostly about love and life... it's ups and downs... the disappointments, and also about finding your way in the world. And her voice is a little husky and quite clear and brilliant. She sure can hit those high notes. I'm sure she can give those American Idol contestants a run for their money. :)

Anyway, here's her website http://www.myspace.com/andreahamiltonmusic where you can actually check out her music. I especially like "It'll Be Alright" and "Only Love". Hope you love it as much as I do. :)

Here's the EP CD that I bought after her performance, and it's autographed! Hehe...

1 Comments:

At 09 March, 2008 20:10, Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty good. Simple arrangement, I like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home