Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Yummy healthy dinner! (And yes, I made it all by myself!)

It's been a long time since I made a pasta-bake dish. And since I've recently resolved to eat more vegetables, and cut down on meat, I decided to make a Baked Vegetable Pasta dish. :) And voila...! The dish you see above is the result!!

In the dish, I've put brinjal, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms. Healthy huh? ;) The brinjal and mushrooms were first grilled in the oven with olive oil. Broccoli, carrots and a little bit of linguini were boiled with hot water & a pinch of salt. Finally, it all comes together in the baking tray, layered with Prego's pre-bottled pasta sauce, topped off with mozzarella cheese. Yummy! :P It took me almost an hour and a half to cook it (preparation + cooking time), but it was well worth the effort!

*BURP* My stomach is still bloated from it! So much for trying to lose weight by eating less carbs and meat! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home