Tuesday, December 12, 2006

BCSDM & MENSA Hunt 2006

It's been a pretty slow year in terms of treasure hunting. There were months where there were no hunts to go to. But we sure made up for it towards the end of the year. :P In December alone, I have signed up for 3 hunts over 3 weekends. Crazy eh? Hehe....

Last week we went to the BCSDM hunt (2 Dec). We had won this hunt last year, and was looking forward to defending it, but somehow it was not meant to be. The points system made it such that should we miss even one treasure, you'd fall far far behind. Unfortunately, we were caught by the trickiness of the treasure question and we did fall way behind the leading teams. Sigh...

Over the previous weekend, we went to the MENSA hunt with a totally different team (10 Dec). We did pretty well and managed an 8th position. Again, we missed out on one of the treasures (what's up with us and treasures this year?!) . The results can be seen at Michael Pang's website. (The surprising thing is, he found me on my blogspot and linked it to my blog posts!
Still in shock! Do check it out! :P).

One of the treasures was really interesting. Instead of cracking the clue and going out to purchase the treasure, we were GIVEN the treasure and asked to write down what this treasure is and what it is used for! Well, the moment we got the envelope containing the 'diversion treasure', we opened it but could not figure out what it was!! Until the end of the hunt, with an hour left to go, we went to Tesco and came up with the idea that we should just go and ask the information counter to see if we can 'buy' the item at the supermarket. Unfortunately, they couldn't help coz they had no idea what it was too!! Furthermore, we couldn't find the Milo 125 mlpack in Tesco, so we were close to losing 3 out of 5 treasures (that would REALLY be a tragedy!!). So off I went running towards Ikano, went to Cold Storage to get the Milo, and then to Ace Hardware to try my luck with the 'diversion treasure'. To my absolute surprise, the guy actually knew what it was! And proceeded to show me the area where I can purchase the item!!! Haha.... I couldn't believe my luck!!

(I will be posting a picture of this interesting treasure soon... and then you all can proceed to tell me if you know what it is!! :P )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home