Saturday, December 16, 2006

My new Canon IXUS 60!

There was a Canon warehouse sale near Saujana Resort today, and I had planned to get a new digital camera there. Initially I wanted the Sony T10, but after testing it at the camera shop I wasn't really very impressed with the lagging of the viewer. Also, I didn't really think the anti-blur works that well. But maybe I was just using it wrongly. Hehe...

Last night I did a little last minute research online about all the Canon cameras available, and finally decided on the IXUS 60. It seemed like a good slim digital camera with adequate specs. So on we headed to the warehouse sale late this afternoon. We found that it did not appear to be a proper Canon warehouse sale! It was just a chance for the the retailers to clear their old stock!! The price was pretty much similar to retail, except that they a
dded some accessories which would probably not be offered if it had been purchased at the branch stores (I think!).

The price I paid for it was RM1,180 and this includes accessories such as 2 x 1GB memory cards, a mini-tripod and a camera pouch. I guess these are normal accessories that are provided? Hmm... Anyway, not sure if it's a good price la. Maybe at Sungei Wang or Low Yat is cheaper. But anyway... too late now! Just have to make full use of the camera lor. Hope it's a good buy. :) Reviews seem to be good, so I guess I should be able to trust those... (?)

Anyone else has any opinions on these 2 cameras? Or maybe another camera that is better for the same price range??

2 Comments:

At 19 December, 2006 00:34, Blogger Jo said...

Showoff.


Honestly don't know much about the different cameras, but I hear that Sony's main annoying feature is that they're a bit 'Apple' - they tend to keep compatibility to themselves, so can be annoying to match with other companies' products. I've been using Canons for the past few years (currently using Ixus 500) and I love them. Very easy and straightforward, and good quality. Of course, I haven't tried many others myself so can't give any good comparative info.

I think the price is good for the camera + accessories. They don't usually give that many things, I think - and the memory cards are work a few hundred at least.

 
At 02 January, 2007 15:15, Blogger Sum said...

Back from China and took many many many pictures with my new camera. They look GOOOOD.... hehehe... Though it is a little annoying that there is no battery life indicator, so the moment the 'battery low' light starts blinking, you know the camera is gonna die in the next 10 mins. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home