Monday, October 22, 2007

Great Eastern Women's 10km Run

It was early on a Sunday morning... *yawn*... and I dragged myself out of bed, coz I wanted to go check out the Great Eastern Women 10km Run. Why? you would ask. Haha... Thing is, I'm not even running in it. Hahaha.... Oh well, let's just say I was a little crazy and just wanted to go and check out the atmosphere. :)

So, by 7:30am, I was walking to the bus stop to take the 35min bus ride towards the Padang near City Hall MRT station. I got there ard 8:20am, and already I saw runners on their way to the finishing line! Wow... these are the 10km runners! They started around 7:45am, and already they are back. Amazing. I think if I went, I'd probably still be half-way... WALKING! :P


It was pretty amazing... there were SO many women who actually participated. So healthy! Some were really serious runners. They had their stop-watches to time their run. Others took it as a healthy Sunday morning exercise. Most were running with their MP3/iPods. Really quite fascinating. I actually did wish I was one of the runners. Well, don't think I'd make it running all 10km, but I should be able to do at least 3km run here and there, but walk the rest of the way. That's good enough for me!! :P

I'll definitely try to make it to next year's run. :) It's all for the spirit of participation. Doesn't matter if you get there first or last. :)

Even Great Eastern Malaysia sent a contingent of 27 all the way to S'pore to join!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home