Sunday, September 23, 2007

Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof

My first movie experience in Singapore: a marathon of film noir (black films) by Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodriguez, Death Proof and Planet Terror respectively. Tarantino's Death Proof was the one that really caught my attention. It was surprisingly quite brilliant! I admit I've never really paid too much attention to Tarantino's films. Pulp Fiction was good, but I barely remembered it (I guess now is the time to watch it again!!), and after Kill Bill, all I remember was gore, gore and lots more gore!

But Death Proof was interesting... I like it because it was ironic. Haha. At the beginning, I didn't see where it was going, but towards the end, I really enjoyed the irony of it all. Being Tarantino, you really can't escape the gore, but if I can survive it, means it was quite tolerable. ;)

Well, I'm no film critic, and I didn't really analyse the movie as my friend did with regards to lighting etc (hehe). But it was good to hear his appreciation and take of it... on how Tarantino sometimes switches on & off the colours during the film. Ok, don't really get that whole meaning yet, but I'm gonna find out from him. :)

Do catch it if you get the chance. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home