Sunday, November 27, 2005

Enjoying a cuppa at Starbucks

Wifi has been available in Malaysia for a long while now, and now it's everywhere. At the airports, at shopping malls and in these American owned coffee chains. Previously, I think you still had to pay for them, but now it's FREE! So all you need is a wireless-enabled computer, and you can sit all day in one of these nice little coffee shops... order a steaming hot cup of cappucino or a cold ice-blended frappucino... and chat away with your friends, surf the net... or like me write blogs. :) What bliss!

Let me try to describe the atmosphere around here. There's plenty of people around, most of them with their computers with them, taking advantage of the free internet access. Only a couple of comfy sofa chairs available, and unfortunately when I arrived, they were all taken. Darn it! I'm sitting next to this guy who's occupying one of these chairs, and I'm so waiting for him to leave so I can take over! Haha... Light gloomy classical music is playing in the background... so the ambience is not there. A little too much crowd noise for my comfort actually. Ikano is as busy as always, with some Christmas decorations up. But somehow the Christmas feeling is not there. Never really felt the Joy of Christmas here in Malaysia before. Most of the time, we're spending the festive holidays overseas, and we don't really celebrate Christmas anyway.

[On hindsight, I should've ordered a cappucino. I think this brew of the day is a little strong for me. Hmm...]

Will be heading to dinner later at around 6.45pm. It's Dad's birthday tomorrow, so we're taking him to some fancy restaurant in town for a treat. We already bought him a present... or rather, he bought himself a present, and we're paying for it! Haha... Which I guess works out great as he gets what he really wants. :)

It's been a good day so far. Played badminton with some colleagues and friends for about 2 hrs, which gave me a pretty good workout. That's all the exercise I'm getting this whole week, so it better be a good workout!! :P

[Yeah! The guy on the comfy chair finally vacated his seat! Muahaha.... ;) ]

Too bad I ain't got a camera to take a picture of the scene here. :) Would've loved to post the pic here. Next time... when I get my new handphone, ok? :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home