Saturday, October 20, 2007

Disappearing act...

It's just like magic... now you see it, now you don't! :) And no, I'm not talking about David Copperfield's upcoming show (though since I mentioned it, I'll just add here that... I'm going to watch him perform on 3 Nov in S'pore!! Woohoo!! Can't wait!).

What I'm talking about are guys who disappear. One day they are there, and the next thing you know it's as if they've dropped off the face of the earth! I mean, what the hell is that?!? I know, it's man's subtle way of telling you they've lost interest, that they're moving on with their lives and so should you, and to stop bothering them. Ok, I get that. I sincerely do. It happens. It's never happened to me this way before (obviously!)... but I've heard it happens. [OK... scrap that... after thinking a little more about it, it DID happen to me before back in KL. Alamak... how could I have forgotten that???]

But is this really the only way to do it? I mean, there MUST be a more diplomatic way to go about it. By disappearing like that, they are ruining any possible friendship. Am I supposed to just assume nothing happened? I mean, it's not as if we're dating or anything. So, you find that we're not compatible. So what? Can still be friends, right? I mean, I'm not that thick-skinned not to know when something is not working out. We're hardly teenagers anymore and I don't think we need to play these sort of games. Sigh... it's just weird. It feels like the rug has been pulled from under me. I'm sitting on my bum on the floor, bewildered... asking "what the hell just happened?"

But I definitely won't let this ruin my S'pore experience. Everything happens for a reason. I'm sure there's a good reason behind it... I'm just waiting to hear it, but I have a feeling I will never find out. :)

Life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home